Eighth-graders swept by Pioneer Ridge
The Basehor-Linwood Middle School eighth-grade boys basketball teams were swept by Pioneer Ridge on Monday.
The junior varsity squad lost a close game, 29-22, and the varsity fell by a 36-21 decision.
In the JV game, Joe Levinson led BLMS with 8 points. Other scorers were Seagar Smith with 6, Zach Sawalich with 3, Matt Ogilvie and Remingtion Tenpenny with 2 apiece and Lane Young with 1.
In the varsity game, Tanner Garver led the Bulldog offense with 8 points. In addition, Alec Otting had 4, Caleb Hiss had 3, Paul Rehm scored 2, and Jared Kenton, Aaron Williams, Gage Zumbrunn and Ben Johnson scored 1 apiece.
The Bulldogs next play at 4 p.m. today at home.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat