Seventh-graders take two from PRMS
The Basehor-Linwood Middle School seventh-grade boys basketball teams picked up a pair of victories over Pioneer Ridge Middle School on Monday.
The junior varsity squad squeaked out a 22-18 victory behind a game-high 6 points from Broc Lindsay. The Bulldogs featured a balanced offensive attack as Jack Bailey and Logan Potts each scored 4, and Dalton Inlow, Alex Jackson, Jacob Phillips and Gage Wiser kicked in 2 apiece.
In the varsity game, Basehor won a high-scoring shootout, 40-35.
Jay O’Bryan scored a game-high 16 points and Tim Sanders joined him in double figures with 14 to lead the Bulldogs. Other BLMS scorers were Avery Fliger and Andrew Magna with 3 apiece, Sean Potter with 2, and J.P. Downing and Chase Younger with 1 each.
The Bulldogs next play at 4 p.m. today at at Lexington Trails.
More like this story
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender
- Basehor ‘gaining traction’ in push for EMS expansion
- Edwardsville set to turn 100 next month
- Edwardsville councilman accused of making racist statements
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor