Holland takes committee posts
Newly elected 3rd District State Senator Tom Holland, D-Baldwin City, has been named to four standing committees and two joint committees for the 2009 legislative session.
Holland has been appointed as the ranking Democrat on both the Senate’s Assessment & Taxation and Commerce committees.
Holland also will serve as a member of the Financial Institutions & Insurance and Interstate Cooperation committees, as well as the Joint Committee on Economic Development and Joint Committee on Information Technology.
Holland was sworn into office when the 2009 session convened Monday. The 3rd Senate District covers portions of Douglas and Leavenworth counties and all of Jefferson County.
More like this story
- AT&T aims to match Google broadband in Kansas City
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers