Holland takes committee posts
Newly elected 3rd District State Senator Tom Holland, D-Baldwin City, has been named to four standing committees and two joint committees for the 2009 legislative session.
Holland has been appointed as the ranking Democrat on both the Senate’s Assessment & Taxation and Commerce committees.
Holland also will serve as a member of the Financial Institutions & Insurance and Interstate Cooperation committees, as well as the Joint Committee on Economic Development and Joint Committee on Information Technology.
Holland was sworn into office when the 2009 session convened Monday. The 3rd Senate District covers portions of Douglas and Leavenworth counties and all of Jefferson County.
More like this story
- State senator takes on minority whip
- Democratic state Sen. Tom Holland of Baldwin City may run for governor
- Sen. Tom Holland to meet with public Saturday in Baldwin City, Eudora, Tonganoxie and Basehor
- Brown, Holland trade verbal jabs over tax cuts, school funding, K-10 safety
- State representative to bid for upper chamber