Jenkins tapped for assignment
Congresswoman Lynn Jenkins was named to the House Committee on Financial Services, which oversees all aspects of the nation’s housing and financial services sectors.
The committee has authority over the banking, insurance, real estate, housing and securities industries. Additionally, the committee is responsible for overseeing the implementation of the Troubled Assets Relief Program, which became law in October, and the Auto Industry Financing and Restructuring Act.
“I am excited to join the Financial Services Committee,” Jenkins said. “I have spent my entire professional career working on economic and financial issues and am ready to work with the committee on these topics.”
Jenkins, a Republican, represents Kansas’ 2nd District, which includes Leavenworth County.
More like this story
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Man who escaped from Kansas police custody found in Missouri
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Edwardsville police implement new body cameras for officers
- Donation account created for toddler injured in lawnmower accident