Jenkins tapped for assignment
Congresswoman Lynn Jenkins was named to the House Committee on Financial Services, which oversees all aspects of the nation’s housing and financial services sectors.
The committee has authority over the banking, insurance, real estate, housing and securities industries. Additionally, the committee is responsible for overseeing the implementation of the Troubled Assets Relief Program, which became law in October, and the Auto Industry Financing and Restructuring Act.
“I am excited to join the Financial Services Committee,” Jenkins said. “I have spent my entire professional career working on economic and financial issues and am ready to work with the committee on these topics.”
Jenkins, a Republican, represents Kansas’ 2nd District, which includes Leavenworth County.
More like this story
- Body of missing Bonner Springs man found in Leavenworth County
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Sheriff: Inmate orchestrated drug deals over jail pay phone
- 2 dead after shooting in Overland Park
- Man who escaped from Kansas police custody found in Missouri