BSHS girls JV splits contests
The Bonner Springs junior varsity girls basketball team split a pair of games last week, edging Perry-Lecompton on Jan. 13, 38-37, and then falling to Basehor-Linwood on Friday, 43-38.
Against Perry, Alexis Clark scored a game-high 10 points for BSHS. In addition, Josie Freeby scored 9, Erica Wilson had 6, Kaleigh Crider and Emily Wilson had 4 apiece, Megan Scott and Erin Marx both scored 2 and Yessenia Hernandez added 1.
Against Basehor-Linwood, the Bravettes got 8 points from Meg Fowler. Emily Wilson had 7, Erica Wilson had 6, Crider and Clark scored 5 apiece, Marx had 4, Hernandez had 2 and Scott chipped in 1.
Basehor-Linwood statistics were unavailable.
More like this story
- Brownback supports rural incentives program amid skepticism
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Fascinating fasteners: Bonner woman shares button hobby through 'traveling museum'