LHS edges Basehor girls
Amy Briggs and Brittney Lang combined for 35 points and seven 3-pointers on Tuesday and led Lansing to a 52-50 victory against Basehor-Linwood on Tuesday at LHS.
Lang scored 18 points, and Briggs scored 17 to help the Lions eek out a 2-point win, which dropped Basehor-Linwood from the ranks of the unbeaten Kaw Valley League teams.
The game was close throughout.
Kara Douglas scored 5 first-quarter points to fuel the Bobcats, but Lansing led 12-11 at the end of the quarter. The Lions were up 29-24 at halftime.
The deficit proved too much for the Bobcats to overcome. The two teams each scored 15 points in the third quarter. Lansing led 44-39 entering the fourth quarter.
The Bobcats outscored them 11-8 in the fourth quarter, but failed to close the scoring gap. Courtney Hooks scored 8 of Basehor's points in the final period.
Megan Bergstrom led Basehor-Linwood with 14 points and Hooks scored 12 in the game. The Bobcats’ other scorers were Bren Koontz, 8; Douglas, 7; Courtney Poe, 4; Amanda O’Bryan, 3; Amber Jeannin, 2.
BLHS (8-3 overall, 3-1 KVL) next plays at 7:30 p.m. Friday at home against Mill Valley (4-6, 4-0). The Jaguars currently sit atop the league standings as the only unbeaten team in the KVL.
More like this story
- Kansas auditor to release report on sexual predator program
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups