YMCA programs have openings available
For those still looking to enroll their children in summer programs at the Bonner Springs and Providence YMCA facilities, you are in luck. Space is still available in some youth programs.
Openings still exist for the Pop Flys Session 2, the 3-on-3 basketball league and for tennis lessons.
Tennis lessons are available for those ages 5 and older. Each participant will receive four one-hour lessons with an instructor, and all lessons will be taught at the Bonner Springs location.
A four-week 3-on-3 basketball season will take place at the Providence YMCA on Sundays or Tuesday evenings for fifth- and sixth-grade, seventh- and eighth-grade, and high school divisions. The high school division also will play a postseason tournament at the end of the league season. Registration ends Monday, July 13, and the season will begin the week of July 19.
Pop Flys is designed for youth ages 3 and 4. It teaches the fundamentals of baseball. The Providence program will take place at Arrowhead Middle School. The Bonner Springs program will take place at Clark Middle School. Sessions run for three weeks at 6 p.m. on Mondays and Wednesdays. Registration ends July 8.
For more information, go to www.kansascityymca.org, call the Providence YMCA at 378-9622 or call the Bonner Springs YMCA at 422-9348.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Kansas poised to be a leader in emerging field of drones
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat
- Garden City woman pleads not guilty in marijuana case
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues