Bonner and Edwardsville fire relief groups get boost
Firefighters Relief Associations in Bonner Springs and Edwardsville are set to receive a total of almost $22,000 through an annual distribution made to fire relief organizations across the state of Kansas through the Kansas Firefighter Relief Act.
The funds are generated byway of a 2 percent tax paid by insurance companies on fire and lightning insurance premiums written in Kansas for the previous calendar year. The funds are then distributed every year by Kansas Insurance Commissioner Sandy Praeger.
Praeger will distribute more than $9.2 million in funds to 582 relief groups throughout the state of Kansas — an increase of more than $300,000 over the total distributed amount in 2008.
Bonner Springs will receive approximately $10,883, Edwardsville will receive approximately $10,289 and the Kansas City, Kan., groups will receive approximately $222,805, making the grand total for Wyandotte County almost $244,000.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'
- Township firefighters add EMS equipment
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Authorities announce name of pedestrian killed in Bonner Springs accident