Bonner and Edwardsville fire relief groups get boost
Firefighters Relief Associations in Bonner Springs and Edwardsville are set to receive a total of almost $22,000 through an annual distribution made to fire relief organizations across the state of Kansas through the Kansas Firefighter Relief Act.
The funds are generated byway of a 2 percent tax paid by insurance companies on fire and lightning insurance premiums written in Kansas for the previous calendar year. The funds are then distributed every year by Kansas Insurance Commissioner Sandy Praeger.
Praeger will distribute more than $9.2 million in funds to 582 relief groups throughout the state of Kansas — an increase of more than $300,000 over the total distributed amount in 2008.
Bonner Springs will receive approximately $10,883, Edwardsville will receive approximately $10,289 and the Kansas City, Kan., groups will receive approximately $222,805, making the grand total for Wyandotte County almost $244,000.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Hospitals push for Medicaid expansion in Kansas
- Some kidney transplant services to be offered in Wichita
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament