Winery wins seven awards at summer competition
Holy-Field Vineyard and Winery, Basehor, received two silver medals and five bronze medals in the Third Annual Mid-American Wine Competition July 10-12 at the Des Moines Area Community College (DMACC) Ankeny, Iowa campus.
The competition included wines from 16 Midwest states. More than 630 wines were entered by 95 different wineries. Professional wine judges from throughout the United States awarded 48 gold medals, 155 silver medals, and 217 bronze medals. Full results can be found at midamericanwine.org.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Kiwanis Club
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education
- Kansas Chamber backs GOP schools bill; educators opposed
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises