Basehor man sent to area hospital after motorcycle-car accident Sunday
A Sunday motorcycle-car crash at a major Tonganoxie intersection sent a Basehor man to an area hospital.
The accident happened about 12:30 p.m. Sunday at U.S. Highway 24-40 and Main Street in Tonganoxie.
According to Leavenworth County Sheriff’s Office reports, the Basehor man, 39-year-old Thomas A. Bedell, was traveling west on U.S. 24-40 on his 2001 Harley Davidson motorcycle when a 1989 Mercury Cougar, driven by Dawn R. Willard, 37, McLouth, failed to yield and turned onto the highway from Main Street.
Willard turned onto the highway from Main in front of Bedell, who attempted to stop but could not and his motorcycle struck Willard’s vehicle in the driver’s side rear fender. Bedell was ejected from his motorcycle and landed on his left side several feet from the motorcycle, reports said. Complaining of shoulder and leg pain, Bedell was taken by air ambulance to Overland Park Regional Medical Center. An official there said late Tuesday afternoon Bedell was not a patient. Sheriff’s reports did not indicate whether Bedell was wearing a helmet.
Willard sustained minor injuries from her seatbelt. She was issued a citation for failure to yield.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map