Council tables Glenwood sewer decision
Another two weeks will pass before the Basehor City Council chooses a plan for the Glenwood Estates sewer decommissioning project.
At the July 13 work session, the council requested more information from McAfee Henderson Solutions engineering about the long-term costs of both plan A and plan B. Plan A, which includes a gravity feed from the subdivision, costs more money upfront, but it allows for future development of the area. Plan B, which includes a force main along 158th Street, is $300,000 less but it allows for limited growth.
Matt Henderson of MHS asked for more time Monday to come up with the numbers the council wanted. The council thus tabled the item until the Aug. 3 meeting and designated council members David Breuer and Dennis Mertz as the city's representatives in discussions about the issue with the county, Basehor-Linwood School District and Glenwood Estates residents.
More like this story
- Attorney compares Kansas sperm donor's plight, gay marriage
- Kansas AG plans to appeal ruling blocking anti-abortion law
- Kansas officials riled by EPA's changes to power plant rule
- ACLU: Kansas' gay marriage laws should be stricken from book
- Kansas allowing concealed guns in Statehouse without permit