Church to have celebration in honor of land purchase
Risen Savior Lutheran Church in Basehor has purchased 80 acres on the northwest corner of 147th Street and Leavenworth Road to build a new church. One year ago, St. Martin Lutheran Church and Emmaus Lutheran Church in Bonner Springs merged to form Risen Savior Lutheran Church.
In celebration of the church merger and the land purchase, a congregation picnic is planned for 4 p.m. Sunday, July 26, at the new church site. The public is welcome, and food and picnic items will be provided.
A schedule for the completion of the new church has not been set. Risen Savior Lutheran Church is currently located at 14308 Fairmount Rd.
More like this story
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas governor talks tax policy with Missouri lawmakers
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises