Extension office offers pasture management workshop
A workshop, Making the Most of your Acreage: Pasture Management 101, is scheduled for 6 p.m. Aug. 28 at the Leavenworth County Fairgrounds in Tonganoxie.
Information on pasture and pond management will be presented by Kansas State University Extension and others. Topics will include pasture weed management, constructing electric fence, soil testing, pasture planting and management, manure management, grazing management, pond management and available cost-share opportunities.
The workshop will be repeated at 9 a.m. Aug. 29 at the fairgrounds in Gardner. Gary Kilgore, KSU Extension emeritus professor, will conduct a pasture management mini-school and tour following the Gardner workshop.
For more information or to RSVP, contact K-State Extension offices in Douglas (785-843-7058), Johnson (913-715-7000) or Leavenworth (913-250-2300) counties by Aug. 24.
A $5 registration is required to help pay for the educational materials and sandwiches.
More like this story
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Edwardsville police recover missing Airstream
- Bonner police seek help locating missing resident