Neighbors: Jim Jenkins
Occupation: Accountant with Scott Rice Office Works in Lenexa.
Family: Wife, Eva, daughter, Caroline Corwine, sons, Jared, Seth, Ethan, John and Peter
Place of birth: Sabetha.
Q: When did you move to Bonner Springs, and what brought you here?
A: 1979, to move closer to the church I was attending.
Q: What’s the biggest risk you’ve ever taken?
A: To volunteer to join the Army, knowing I would more than likely be sent to Vietnam. I spent most of 1970 in Vietnam.
Q: What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
A: To be always prepared, given by and practiced by my father.
Q: What three things would you want people to know about you?
A: I am a Christian, a born-again believer in Jesus Christ. I enjoy teaching God’s word, the Bible. I enjoy helping others, especially veterans, the elderly and those less fortunate.
Q: What did you want to be when you grew up?
A: Anything but farm
Q: What’s your ideal vacation spot?
A: The mountains
Song: “Just a Closer Walk with Thee”
More like this story
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Man who escaped from Kansas police custody found in Missouri
- Basehor recognizes police officers, public works employee who helped arrest sex offender
- Wichita says pot ordinance should be stayed till court rules
- Wyandotte County deputy shot during robbery