Tree selection, care tips offered at August seminar
An educational seminar, Tree Selection and Care in Northeast Kansas, is scheduled from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 19, at the 4-H building, 101 4-H Road, Lansing.
Kim Bomberger, north central and northeast district community forester with the Kansas Forest Service, will address how to select tree species and how to properly care for them.
The program should be of interest to homeowners, tree board members, city staff — anyone interested in the healthy growth and development of trees.
Part of the presentation will also address the care of older trees and how to prevent loss.
For more information on this seminar, contact the Leavenworth County Extension Office at (913) 250-2300 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
More like this story
- Kansas cattle inventory on the upswing after drought years
- The Business of Growing: Basehor farm's herb production continues to expand
- Kansas agency spokeswoman's Facebook posting draws criticism
- Douglas County Fair returns July 24 with new theme, kiddie derby
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher