Tree selection, care tips offered at August seminar
An educational seminar, Tree Selection and Care in Northeast Kansas, is scheduled from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 19, at the 4-H building, 101 4-H Road, Lansing.
Kim Bomberger, north central and northeast district community forester with the Kansas Forest Service, will address how to select tree species and how to properly care for them.
The program should be of interest to homeowners, tree board members, city staff — anyone interested in the healthy growth and development of trees.
Part of the presentation will also address the care of older trees and how to prevent loss.
For more information on this seminar, contact the Leavenworth County Extension Office at (913) 250-2300 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Report: Kansas wheat faring mostly well so far this winter
- WireCo to move headquarters across border to Kansas
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Survivors of Jewish sites shooting victims plan remembrance
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits