Tree selection, care tips offered at August seminar
An educational seminar, Tree Selection and Care in Northeast Kansas, is scheduled from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 19, at the 4-H building, 101 4-H Road, Lansing.
Kim Bomberger, north central and northeast district community forester with the Kansas Forest Service, will address how to select tree species and how to properly care for them.
The program should be of interest to homeowners, tree board members, city staff — anyone interested in the healthy growth and development of trees.
Part of the presentation will also address the care of older trees and how to prevent loss.
For more information on this seminar, contact the Leavenworth County Extension Office at (913) 250-2300 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Kansas State awards $500K in grants for global food research
- Kansas logs first sighting of tropical piratic flycatcher
- Report: Kansas wheat faring mostly well so far this winter
- Kansas House to consider stiffening scrap theft penalties
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)