All things new: LCDC focuses on plan to bring county commercial progress
Along with a new look, the Leavenworth County Development Corporation has a new focus in its mission to bring commercial development to the county.
During its regular July meeting the LCDC board of directors unanimously voted to accept a new, 18-month marketing action plan that was developed with the help of Pearcy, Tice, Krizman Communications, Inc.
“I don’t know if I can stress enough how excited the staff is about the direction we are going,” Steve Jack, LCDC director, said.
The 10-page plan lays out LCDC’s vision and six key objectives it hopes to implement by the end of the 18 months.
The six objectives are:
• Develop an economic development based marketing plan and branding for Leavenworth County to address the opportunities available in each of the four regions of the county and uniquely market.
• Become a positive center of influence with partners by establishing and reinforcing Leavenworth County’s core economic development message points.
• Increase private sector financial support and member involvement.
• Develop and implement a systematic and proactive business retention plan to achieve a minimum of 95 percent job retention.
• Develop and implement a workforce development program to build appropriately skilled workforce in Leavenworth County.
• Implement proactive business attraction and recruitment program.