Youth hit by car at party
A Basehor youth was hit by a vehicle Saturday at a private residence in rural Basehor.
The 2-year-old boy was hit by a vehicle in the 14600 block of Leavenworth Road and was transported to Children’s Mercy Hospital by Leavenworth County Emergency Medical Service, according to Leavenworth County Sheriff’s Office reports.
Basehor Police Chief Lloyd Martley said there was a party taking place at the residence and someone at the gathering tried to turn their vehicle around in the driveway. The child darted across the yard and the vehicle hit the child with a bumper.
A hospital official at Children’s Mercy said Wednesday the child was not in the patient directory.
Martley said it was his understanding the boy returned home with some bruises and abrasions.
“It was just an accident in a driveway at a person’s house,” Martley said.
More like this story
- New Kansas rules would limit spending of welfare benefits
- Kansas City Chiefs exec to give leadership lecture at KU
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- AT&T aims to match Google broadband in Kansas City
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map