Alliance to sponsor ‘Save the Innocence’ poker run
The Alliance Against Family Violence will sponsor the Fourth Annual “Save the Innocence” Poker Bike Run. The event will start with registration at 9 a.m., with departure at 10 a.m. Saturday at Cyclones, 610 Cherokee St., in Leavenworth.
Stops will also be made at Mueller’s, 120 S. Second St., in Atchison; Stinky’s, 305 Jefferson St., in McLouth; Slow Ride Roadhouse, 1350 N. Third St., in Lawrence; and Helen’s Hilltop, 19611 McLouth Rd., Tonganoxie. The run is in memory of Olivia Jackson, a Leavenworth woman who was killed in 2008 in Lansing. Preregistration is $10 for drivers and $5 for riders. Same-day registration is $15 for drivers and $10 for riders. The price is $200 for high hand and $50 for low hand.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: The Sundry shows off its suppliers
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Basehor-area Legislator seeks Common Core comments