BLHS teacher suspended for relations with student
A Basehor-Linwood High School teacher has been suspended as a result of allegations of an inappropriate relationship with a student.
The 44-year-old teacher’s May 20 suspension was related to an investigation that involves the teacher and a 16-year-old student.
Basehor Police Chief Lloyd Martley said the department was still in the preliminary stages of investigating the misconduct, which allegedly happened during this school year.
Martley said police had been conducting interviews and were hoping by the end of this week to bring charges for the Leavenworth County attorney to consider.
More like this story
- Study: Many Kansas Turnpike accident hotspots near Lawrence
- Toddler hospitalized after being struck by lawn mower
- Kansas firm criticized for plan to hike electric rates $152 million
- Edwardsville councilman accused of making racist statements
- Education focus: JCCC partners with Clorox for on-site manufacturing courses