Emergency crews remove bottle of blue liquid from Eudora mailbox
Emergency crews responded Thursday afternoon to a possible hazardous materials call in Eudora.
Police Chief Greg Dahlem said officials believe a plastic Dr Pepper bottle filled with a blue liquid — possibly antifreeze — was placed in the mailbox at 14th and Fir streets. The mailbox was at the street, rather than on the home.
Officials removed the bottle from the mailbox and sealed it in a five-gallon container. As of 3:10 p.m., they had done nothing further with the bottle.
Check back to LJWorld.com for updates.
More like this story
- Topeka bookkeeper accused of stealing more than $100K
- Topeka councilman, wife, charged with abusing children
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- Stepmother of missing 7-year-old boy arrested in Kansas