Emergency crews remove bottle of blue liquid from Eudora mailbox
Emergency crews responded Thursday afternoon to a possible hazardous materials call in Eudora.
Police Chief Greg Dahlem said officials believe a plastic Dr Pepper bottle filled with a blue liquid — possibly antifreeze — was placed in the mailbox at 14th and Fir streets. The mailbox was at the street, rather than on the home.
Officials removed the bottle from the mailbox and sealed it in a five-gallon container. As of 3:10 p.m., they had done nothing further with the bottle.
Check back to LJWorld.com for updates.
More like this story
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Former nurse accused of sexual assaulting Kansas patients
- Lenexa man suspected of injuring kids, damaging cars
- Police: 2 men arrested for pretending to be crash victims
- Edwardsville councilman accused of making racist statements