USM to play host to summer basketball camps
The University of St. Mary in Leavenworth will play host to a series of youth basketball camps this summer.
The multi-day camps will emphasize the fundamentals of the game and will give all participants a solid grounding in offensive and defensive skills, including shooting, ball handling, passing and rebounding. Camp leaders will analyze all individual campers’ shots and work one-on-one with participants.
All of the camps will take place at Ryan Sports Complex and McGilley Field House on the USM campus, and campers will meet and work with USM players.
Jon Bishop, head men’s basketball coach, will have two camps for boys ages 5-14, one from 1-5 p.m. June 15-19, and the second from 8 a.m. to noon July 20-24. Cost for the camp is $70. Call (913) 758-6311 for more information.
Mike Basler, head women’s basketball coach, will play host to two camps for girls June 15-18. The morning sessions are from 10 a.m. to noon and are intended for children in grades 3-8. The 1-3 p.m. sessions in the afternoon are for girls in grades 9-12. Cost for Basler’s camp is $65. Call (913) 758-4339 for more information.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Basehor-area Legislator seeks Common Core comments
- Hanging of 'In Cold Blood' killers marks 50th anniversary
- Kansas Senate panel to consider expanding liquor licenses
- Basehor-area voters approve school bond issue; Klamm edges out Johnson for school board