USM to play host to summer basketball camps
The University of St. Mary in Leavenworth will play host to a series of youth basketball camps this summer.
The multi-day camps will emphasize the fundamentals of the game and will give all participants a solid grounding in offensive and defensive skills, including shooting, ball handling, passing and rebounding. Camp leaders will analyze all individual campers’ shots and work one-on-one with participants.
All of the camps will take place at Ryan Sports Complex and McGilley Field House on the USM campus, and campers will meet and work with USM players.
Jon Bishop, head men’s basketball coach, will have two camps for boys ages 5-14, one from 1-5 p.m. June 15-19, and the second from 8 a.m. to noon July 20-24. Cost for the camp is $70. Call (913) 758-6311 for more information.
Mike Basler, head women’s basketball coach, will play host to two camps for girls June 15-18. The morning sessions are from 10 a.m. to noon and are intended for children in grades 3-8. The 1-3 p.m. sessions in the afternoon are for girls in grades 9-12. Cost for Basler’s camp is $65. Call (913) 758-4339 for more information.
More like this story
- Archaeologists from across US searching for Kansas artifacts
- Mathematician not optimistic about suit seeking ballot audit
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals
- Kansas GOP, Democrats plan early March presidential caucuses