1 person dead in Leavenworth Road accident
Kansas City, Kan., authorities are investigating an accident overnight on Leavenworth Road that left one person dead.
Police responded about 12:15 a.m. to the 4200 block of Leavenworth Road to a reported critical injury accident. Officers say the vehicle was traveling westbound on Leavenworth Road at a high rate of speed when the driver lost control. The vehicle left the roadway and struck a tree.
The driver, Terrance D. Weaver, 30, Kansas City, Kan., was pronounced dead at the scene.
More like this story
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Tonganoxie police investigating sexual assault case involving 13-year-old
- Man who escaped from Kansas police custody found in Missouri
- Police: 2 men arrested for pretending to be crash victims
- Police: Woman arrested in battery of police horse in Wichita