School board to compensate for special education cuts
The Basehor-Linwood School Board will receive less special education funding next year than it anticipated.
Superintendent Robert Albers said during Monday night's board meeting the district was dealing with a few last-minute surprises from the state. One of these was notification USD 458 would receive nearly $600 less in state categorical aid per special education teacher during the 2009-2010 school year.
Albers said the district was not aware of the cut until recently, but he thought it was manageable.
For more information on the board meeting, check out the June 11 issue of the Sentinel.
More like this story
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs-Edwardsville Kiwanis Club
- No. 2 Basehor-Linwood boys roll past Spring Hill
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books