Leavenworth, Wyandotte, Johnson counties under tornado watch
The National Weather Service in Pleasant Hill, Mo., issued a tornado watch just after 3 p.m. Wednesday for Leavenworth, Wyandotte and Johnson counties effective until 10 p.m.
Several north central and northeast Kansas counties are under tornado watches. And, four counties near or along the state's northern border, Atchison, Brown, Nemaha and Marshall, were under tornado warnings Wednesday afternoon.
More like this story
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- 8 years after tornado, Greensburg to have theater again
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Basehor library event shares 'twisted' fairy tale
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map