66-year-old Basehor resident arrested for soliciting children for sex
The Leavenworth County attorney has announced charges against a 66-year-old Basehor man accused of trying to lure children into performing sex acts.
County Attorney Todd Thompson said the man was charged in in Leavenworth County District Court with two counts of aggravated indecent liberties with a child and two counts of aggravated indecent solicitation of a child.
Thompson said the the Basehor Police Department conducted an investigation of the man after elementary school-aged children reported being approached by the man to engage in unlawful sexual acts.
The man was arrested at his Basehor home and is being held in the Leavenworth County Jail awaiting a first appearance in court at 11 a.m. Friday.
Basehor Police Chief Lloyd Martley said the department thoroughly interviewed the man in the days leading up to his arrest, and he eventually admitted to the charges presented.
It is the Sentinel's policy to not provide names involved with a sex crime until a person is convicted.
For more information, check back in with basehorinfo.com.
More like this story
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Basehor, Bonner locations available for prescription safe disposal
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'
- Wyandotte County Fair schedule of events
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning