Simien to play host to hoops camp in July
Former Kansas University men’s basketball standout and Leavenworth native Wayne Simien will play host to his Called to Greatness Basketball Camp in July at Free State High School in Lawrence.
Simien, a two-time All-American and a member of the Miami Heat when they won the NBA championship, will lead a camp for girls July 14-16 and one for boys July 21-23. Cost is $95 per participant, or $110 for registration after July 6. The camp is open to youths entering grades 4-12.
For more information, go to www.iamctg.org.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Basehor ‘gaining traction’ in push for EMS expansion
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit