Former sheriff’s son headed to prison
The son of a former Wyandotte County sheriff has been sentenced to 15 years in prison on sex-related charges.
Leroy Green III, Kansas City, Kan., was sentenced Monday morning in Wyandotte County District Court to 180 months in prison for criminal offenses involving unlawful sexual relations with four victims between October 2001 and August 2008.
Green pleaded guilty on May 11 to three counts of aggravated indecent liberties with a minor and one count of rape. Green was originally charged with 15 criminal offenses involving unlawful sexual relations with the four victims.
The plea agreement was entered into, in part, to avoid the child victims having to testify in court, the Wyandotte County District Attorney’s Office said.
District Judge Thomas L. Boeding imposed the sentence. Deputy District Attorney Sheryl Lidtke prosecuted the case.
Green is the son of Leroy Green Jr., who served two terms as sheriff but was defeated in the April 2009 election.
More like this story
- Former sheriff's son pleads to rape charge
- Former Easton teacher sentenced to probation for sexual relations with student
- Former Pleasant Ridge teacher sentenced to three years probation for sexual relations with student
- Rural Tonganoxie man gets life in prison for sex crimes against children
- Rural Tonganoxie man enters no-contest plea to five counts of indecent liberties with a child