Museum features event about local penitentiary
The Basehor Historical Museum, 2812 155th St., will have a presentation on the history of the Lansing Penitentiary at 10 a.m. Saturday, March 21. Laura Phillippi of the Lansing Museum will deliver the presentation and be on-hand to answer questions. The event is free and open to the public.
Museum director Carla Crawford said visitors could expect to learn all about the mysteries of the penitentiary.
“We’re hoping to provide a learning experience for everyone who attends, and we hope that people leave with a greater appreciation for the structures and the history in Leavenworth County,” Crawford said.
The following week, on March 26, the museum will begin an exhibit produced by the Kansas Historical Society about Kansas tornadoes. This exhibit will be a testimony to the destruction and peculiarities caused by these powerful Kansas storms.
For more information, call the museum at (913) 724-4022.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Face to Face: Basehor-Linwood High coach Ross Schwisow
- Basehor-Linwood falls short of perfect season
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- State officials ready to work with Bonner Springs's K-7 requests