Topeka man now faces federal charges in sexual exploitation case
A 48-year-old Topeka man accused of coercing a 14-year-old Baldwin City girl into sending him nude pictures of herself, now faces federal charges.
In January, the man was charged in Douglas County District Court with sexual exploitation of a child.
Acting U.S. Attorney Marietta Parker's office announced Thursday it's filed federal charges of distributing child pornography and possessing child pornography against the man.
It is Signal policy not to name the suspect in sex crime stories unless there is a conviction.
The man is scheduled for an appearance in district court on March 31.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Don Wheeler, Bonner Springs City Band Commission
- BLHS Jazz Night to raise funds for band program
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs pastor Ben Spencer
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map