Ag Hall of Fame prepares for grand opening
The grand opening of the National Poultry Museum at the Agriculture Hall of Fame will be 10 a.m. Friday, May 8, at the museum site, 630 N. 126th St., Bonnet Springs.
The poultry museum is an endeavor 15 years in the making. The initial exhibits were unveiled in 1994 with completion of a Hatchery Building within FarmTown USA — an early 1900's farm town constructed on the grounds of the center. Since 1994, the focus has been on raising the funds necessary for additional exhibits, gathering artifacts and determining how to tell the rich and intriguing story of poultry. Come explore the "Evolution of an Industry."
A light lunch will be served. Reservations are requested by e-mailing info@AgHallofFame.com or calling (913) 721-1075.
More like this story
- Kansas Senate panel to consider expanding liquor licenses
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: James Blancarte, Linwood City Council
- Ex-U.S. representative seeks to expand lobbying firm in Kansas
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education