To the editor:
Thanks, Bonner Springs Council Member Jeff Harrington, for voicing your opinion regarding the atrociousness of the proposed Kansas Highway 7/Interstate 70 triple interchange project. None of it makes sense except to make an additional left turn lane onto south K-7 from I-70 by giving drivers the option of going straight through the signal or turning left (south) from the center lane. Individuals I've talked to that have seen the map of the project are of the unanimous opinion it's the most ridiculous plan they've ever seen, although the project to widen Kump Road is a very close second. Does anyone think that's a good idea, either? Not anyone I've talked to.
More like this story
- Bonner Springs-area lanes of I-70 to shift, narrow for construction
- KDOT announces Bonner Springs lane closures on K-7 begin May 27
- Left turn lane being added at I-70/K-7 interchange
- KDOT offers meeting as construction begins on Phase 1 of K-7/I-70 project
- KDOT plans open house on K-7, I-70 interchange