Former sheriff’s son pleads to rape charge
The son of the former Wyandotte County sheriff has pleaded guilty to four sex-related crimes.
The Wyandotte County District Attorney’s Office said Leroy Green III pleaded guilty Monday morning in Wyandotte County District Court to three counts of aggravated indecent liberties with a minor and one count of rape. Green was originally charged with fifteen criminal offenses involving unlawful sexual relations with four victims between October 2001 and August 2008. Green pleaded guilty to one count involving each victim.
Wyandotte County District Judge Michael Grosko accepted Green’s guilty pleas and set sentencing for 9 a.m. June 29, in Division 16 of the district court.
Green is the son of Leroy Green Jr., who in April lost his bid for re-election as Wyandotte County sheriff.
More like this story
- KSU researchers develop heat-tolerant wheat
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Kansas to hold meetings, consider options for drone usage
- State testing bird flocks in Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties