Basehor officer receives county honor
A Basehor Police Department officer has been named the Leavenworth County Officer of the Year.
Sgt. Greg Hallgrimson received the prestigious award Monday night during the annual Leavenworth County Law Enforcement Awards and Memorial Day Ceremony.
Hallgrimson had not been told he had won, so the honor came as a complete surprise to him.
For more information, see the May 21 issue of the Sentinel.
More like this story
- Brownback urges schools to move more money into classrooms
- More Kansas teachers leaving state, retiring
- Questions on classroom spending cloud Kansas schools debate
- Breaking the mold: Male teachers at Bonner school serve as role models, break stereotype
- Reopening Riddle Boys Ranch concerns some Kansas schools