Principal surprised with honorary assembly
When Basehor-Linwood Middle School principal Mike Boyd walked through the gymnasium doors this morning, he never expected to see his students, staff, faculty, board members and friends there waiting for him. Middle school faculty and students organized a surprise assembly for Boyd in honor of the years he has been principal.
Boyd will soon become the Basehor-Linwood School District's assistant superintendent, and those at the middle school wanted this opportunity to say "thanks" to him and let him know he will be missed.
For more about this story, check out the May 28 issue of the Sentinel.
More like this story
- Senator's bill on Kansas out-of-district students criticized
- Face to Face: Basehor veterinarian Nikki Green
- Mature Living: Many parents offer their retirement savings to pay for children's education
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education