Tigers trip Bobcats in football playoffs
Basehor-Linwood turned the ball over four times, and Jefferson County West capitalized in a 41-27 victory that knocked the Bobcats out of the Class 4A playoffs on their home field.
Quarterback Brandon Leppke scored on a 50-yard run on Basehor’s second possession of the game and gave the Bobcats a 6-0 lead. Jeff West countered with a touchdown two minutes later. Then, after a Basehor fumble, the Tigers scored on a 23-yard pass from Alex Baker to Austin Siess and took a 13-6 lead.
The Tigers scored touchdowns on four of their six first-half possessions and led 27-13 at intermission.
Siess took a reverse 63 yards for a touchdown on the first play of the third quarter. Then, after punt return was aided by an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on BLHS, Jeff West tacked on an 8-yard touchdown pass from Baker to Ethan Mumaw and built a 41-13 lead.
Basehor rallied for a pair of touchdowns to pull within two touchdowns, but the Bobcats got no closer.
Jeff West (7-3) advances to play Eudora on Saturday. Basehor ends its season with an 8-2 record.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs librarian Jane Rink
- Hospitals push for Medicaid expansion in Kansas
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Gary Johnson, USD 458 Board of Education
- 2015 Candidate questionnaire: Jeanette Klamm, USD 458 Board of Education