Master sergeant who cared for Hussein to have book signing in Tonganoxie
In honor of Veterans Day, Master Sgt. Robert Ellis will be signing copies of his book “Caring for Victor: A U.S. Army Nurse and Saddam Hussein” from 10 a.m. to noon at the Tonganoxie VFW, 910 E. First St. in Tonganoxie.
In the book, the St. Louis man describes his eight months in Iraq as an Army nurse and caregiver to Saddam Hussein.
A few copies of the book are available for sale at the Tonganoxie Public Library for $23.
Also from 2:30-4:30 p.m. Saturday, Ellis will be at the Atchison Public Library, 401 Kansas Ave. in Atchison and at 2 p.m. Sunday at the Leavenworth Public Library, 417 Spruce St. in Leavenworth.
Ellis co-authored the book with Marianna Riley, former St. Louis Post-Dispatch reporter.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Basehor business owner Sarah McArdle
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs Senior Center's Gloria Ochoa
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students
- Adult students find success with Bonner-based diploma completion program
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good