Holton tops Piper in Class 4A playoffs
Holton’s high-powered rushing attack proved to be too much for Piper and versatile quarterback Jasper Sanders.
The unbeaten Wildcats protected their home field with a 37-21 victory against Piper on Tuesday in the bidistrict round of the Class 4A state playoffs.
Holton’s Gunner McKenna rushed for 209 yards while Jackson DeLay ran for 150 in the blowout.
Holton (10-0) advances to the second round of the playoffs against Bishop Miege (8-2).
Piper ends its season with a 6-4 record. The Pirates’ loss, coupled with Basehor-Linwood’s 41-27 loss Tuesday to Jefferson County West, eliminates all Kaw Valley League football teams from the Class 4A playoffs.
More like this story
- Generating change: Ag Hall looks to reinfuse energy with Barnyard Babies event
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'
- League Champs: Bobcats clinch Kaw Valley title
- Kansas City Connection: Tour spotlights how things are growing in urban gardens, farms
- Basehor-Linwood falls short of perfect season