Letters: Teacher cherishes old students
To the editor:
Since I was a history teacher in Bonner Springs from 1956 to 1967, I remember very well events at Bonner High School in 1959. I remember when Neta Gillham was chosen as homecoming queen during her sophomore year.
While I’m writing this I might add that it has made me very happy during the last two years to receive letters and e-mails from former students back in those days; that they still remember their old teacher. Also, I haven’t forgotten them, or other things about Bonner. I still keep up with things there on the Internet. Since I moved to Iowa in 1967, I haven’t been able to get back there as often as I would like to.
Max A. Thompson
Des Moines, Iowa
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers draft new plan to raise taxes to fix budget
- Kansas House faces vote on raising taxes to balance budget
- Kansas House passes bill to authorize $1.5B in pension bonds
- Budget, taxes head up crowded agenda for Kansas Legislature
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues