Letters: Teacher cherishes old students
To the editor:
Since I was a history teacher in Bonner Springs from 1956 to 1967, I remember very well events at Bonner High School in 1959. I remember when Neta Gillham was chosen as homecoming queen during her sophomore year.
While I’m writing this I might add that it has made me very happy during the last two years to receive letters and e-mails from former students back in those days; that they still remember their old teacher. Also, I haven’t forgotten them, or other things about Bonner. I still keep up with things there on the Internet. Since I moved to Iowa in 1967, I haven’t been able to get back there as often as I would like to.
Max A. Thompson
Des Moines, Iowa
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas House passes teacher collective bargaining compromise
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers