Panthers, Blue Angels win tournament at Bonner Springs Community Center
The Bonner Springs Parks and Recreation Department completed its second annual Girls’ Youth Volleyball Tournament on Saturday, Oct. 17, at the Bonner Springs Community Center.
In the third- and fourth-grade tournament, the Panthers posted a 7-1 record during the regular season and went on to win the single-elimination tournament with an undefeated record.
Also in the division, the Rockets and Thunder posted 3-5 records this season and the Fireballs went 2-6.
In the fifth- through eighth-grade division, the Blue Angels posted a 5-3 record during the regular season and went on to win the postseason tournament.
SMASH and the Lady Hawks both posted 3-5 records during the regular season and Orange Crush went 1-7.
The league included participants from Bonner Springs, Shawnee, Basehor, Linwood, Leavenworth and Kansas City, Kan.
The next season of girls volleyball begins in January. Registration will begin in December. Cost of the league is $35. For more information, or to register, call (913) 422-5321.
More like this story
- Basehor-Linwood USD 458 board sets special meeting
- Salina man hopes to transform flour mill, redevelop area
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Rotary Club
- Backyard Beauty: Basehor area resident turns yard into wildlife habitat