12 Bobcat football players named All-KVL
Fresh off of a Kaw Valley League championship season and a third straight Class 4A state playoff appearance, the Basehor-Linwood football team was recognized for its success.
League coaches named 12 Bobcats to the All-KVL team.
The high-powered BLHS offense was the most represented group on the first team. Senior quarterback Brandon Leppke, senior offensive lineman Zach Ross, sophomore tight end Ryan Murphy and sophomore wide receiver Colin Murphy all were named to the All-KVL first team. Junior offensive lineman Caleb Johnson garnered honorable mention status.
Defensively, senior lineman John Shewmon and junior linebacker Chandler King earned first-team honors, senior defensive back Tim Stephens was named to the second team, and senior lineman Jake Potts, sophomore linebacker Jesse Hiss and senior defensive back Bobby Courtney were honorable mention selections.
Leppke was the first-team punter.
BLHS posted an 8-2 record this season.
More like this story
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Organization Orientation: Bonner Springs Rotary Club
- Bonner drama club provides performance outlet for secondary students