Veteran, candidate speak during Kiwanis meeting
The Edwardsville Kiwanis Club heard a patriotic program during its meeting last week at Sister’s Restaurant.
Featured speakers were: Daniel Gilyear and Angelo Mino. Gilyear is an Iraq War veteran who was featured on the television show “Extreme Home Makeover.” He discussed his experiences in the war and his recovery from the loss of a leg. Gilyear is a candidate for the U.S. Congress. Mino is a native of Ecuador and a naturalized citizen.
More like this story
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs High secretary Cindy Stephens
- Remember When for April 2, 2015
- Education focus: Dwayne Peaslee Technical Training Center prepares for fall push
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs pastor Randy Beemon