Veteran, candidate speak during Kiwanis meeting
The Edwardsville Kiwanis Club heard a patriotic program during its meeting last week at Sister’s Restaurant.
Featured speakers were: Daniel Gilyear and Angelo Mino. Gilyear is an Iraq War veteran who was featured on the television show “Extreme Home Makeover.” He discussed his experiences in the war and his recovery from the loss of a leg. Gilyear is a candidate for the U.S. Congress. Mino is a native of Ecuador and a naturalized citizen.
More like this story
- Remember When for April 2, 2015
- Face to Face: Bonner Springs pastor Randy Beemon
- Track and field athletes shine at Bobcat Relays
- The show must go on: Walcott competes at KU Relays, performs in school play in same night
- Basehor-Linwood strength and conditioning program continues to thrive under Schwisow