BLMS football season in full swing
The Basehor-Linwood Middle School eighth-grade football team opened its season with a 12-0 victory over Lexington Trails. Coach Tom Cooper credited a solid effort by the defense with helping preserve the victory.
The Bulldogs followed that up with their first loss of the year. They fell to rival Lansing, 40-6. Six turnovers proved costly and the Bulldogs were unable to recover.
Meanwhile, the BLMS seventh-grade football team is 0-2. The Bulldogs opened the season with a 46-6 loss to Lexington Trails at home. The defense showed improvement in week two, but the offense wasn’t able to reach the end zone in an 18-0 loss to Lansing.
More like this story
- Salina man hopes to transform flour mill, redevelop area
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good
- Second to none: Longtime Bonner police chief announces retirement
- Kansas district court judge sues over state law on courts