Bobcats stomp Tonganoxie
BLHS has won four of last five games
The Basehor-Linwood boys soccer team is heating up at just the right time.
The Bobcats hammered Tonganoxie, 4-0, on Wednesday night at BLHS. It was their fourth victory in the last five games and pushed the Bobcats above the .500 mark for the first time this season.
The victory also avenged a 2-0 loss on Sept. 3 at THS.
Patrick Rutherford scored two goals and Beau Himpel and Destry Bryan added the others in the victory.
Rutherford now has a team-leading nine goals this season and four two-goal games.
The lone setback during Basehor’s recent hot streak was a 5-3 loss to Mill Valley on Sept. 23.
The Bobcats now are 5-4 this season.
More like this story
- Breaking the mold: Male teachers at Bonner school serve as role models, break stereotype
- Armed teenager running toward school shot by police officer
- Kansas attorney general: Don't send us Guantanamo detainees
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Bonner police investigate aggravated robbery