Library to discuss unconventional art tonight
The Basehor Community Library is playing host to an evening dedicated to the "outsider artist," or self-taught artist, in Kansas.
The discussion will focus on how these artists have portrayed a new view of Kansas, its culture, landscapes and politics.
Erika Nelson, curator of the World’s Largest Things Museum in Lucas, will lead the program at 6:30 p.m. today at the library.
More like this story
- Flash flood warning in effect for Leavenworth County, parts of Wyandotte, Johnson counties
- Kansas GOP touts school funding law; districts look to cut
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Kansas lawmakers approve $131M budget for state court system
- Tonganoxie youth remembered for 'lighting up a room'