BLMS tops Clark as middle school season wraps up
The Basehor-Linwood Middle School eighth-grade football team took down Clark Middle School, 28-8, on Tuesday, Oct. 13.
Basehor jumped on top early and never looked back. It ran the ball successfully out of the I formation and played solid defense up front to slow down the Panthers.
Clark’s lone offensive highlight came on an 80-yard kickoff return for a touchdown by Darian Neal.
BLMS returned to the field Tuesday, Oct. 20, and pounded Piper, 28-14. Alex Jackson and Chase Younger provided the offensive punch as the entire defense held Piper scoreless in the second half.
The BLMS eighth-graders ended their season with a 6-1 record. The seventh-grade squad fell to Piper and ended its season with a 1-6 mark.
Clark closed out its season Tuesday at home against Mill Creek. Results were unavailable at press time.
More like this story
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- Wyandotte County's housing growth continues
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas firm criticized for plan to hike electric rates $152 million