BLMS tops Clark as middle school season wraps up
The Basehor-Linwood Middle School eighth-grade football team took down Clark Middle School, 28-8, on Tuesday, Oct. 13.
Basehor jumped on top early and never looked back. It ran the ball successfully out of the I formation and played solid defense up front to slow down the Panthers.
Clark’s lone offensive highlight came on an 80-yard kickoff return for a touchdown by Darian Neal.
BLMS returned to the field Tuesday, Oct. 20, and pounded Piper, 28-14. Alex Jackson and Chase Younger provided the offensive punch as the entire defense held Piper scoreless in the second half.
The BLMS eighth-graders ended their season with a 6-1 record. The seventh-grade squad fell to Piper and ended its season with a 1-6 mark.
Clark closed out its season Tuesday at home against Mill Creek. Results were unavailable at press time.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises