Wyandotte County Museum to host antique appraisal show
Manion's International Auction House and the Wyandotte County Historical Society partner to produce the first annual Antiques and Collectibles Appraisal Extravaganza from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 31, at the George Meyn Community Center in Wyandotte County Park, 126th and State Ave., Bonner Springs.
The event will offer appraisal of antique items by local antiques and collectibles aficionados.
"We're pleased to partner with Manion's International Auction House for this special event," said Patricia Schurkamp, director of the Wyandotte County Museum. "They are such a unique company, dealing internationally in militaria and historic collectibles from right here in Kansas City."
Manion's Auction representative John Conway said the Wyandotte County Museum is a perfect partner for the event.
"The museum is fantastic; definitely a hidden historical gem in the metro area," Conway said. "It's free of charge and full of interactive exhibits highlighting Wyandotte County history from prehistoric man to modern day."
The event is a fundraiser for the Wyandotte County Historical Society. Appraisals are $25 for three items in advance or $40 at the door.
Categories and appraisers include:
• Advertising Memorabilia: Guy Manion and John Conway of Manion's International Auction House
• Asian Art and Artifacts: Dirk Soulis of Dirk Soulis Auctions
• Automotive: Jason Roske of Kansas City Auction Company
• Clocks/Watches: John Bryant of Bryant Clock Restoration
• Decorative Art (glassware, silver, pottery, etc.): Doug Drake of The Madison Group, Rob Lee of Waldo Antique Mall and Flea Market, and Jason Roske
• Ethnic Art and Cultural items: Doug Drake
• Fine Art (paintings, prints, sculptures) Doug Drake, Rob Lee, and Dirk Soulis
• Firearms and Edged Weapons: Pat McWilliams of Manion's International Auction House
• Furniture: Rob Lee and Dirk Soulis
• Jewelry: Dirk Soulis
• Manuscripts/Books: Ron Brown of Better Books / RB Publishing
• Militaria and Armor: John Conway
• Musical Instruments: Matt Kessler and Darren Welch of Midwestern Musical Company
• Organizational Memorabilia (lodge, boy & girl scouts, etc.): Kirk Doan and Jody Tucker of Manion's International Auction House
• Political Memorabilia: Dirk Soulis and Jason Roske
• Pop Culture (clothing, posters, iconic memorabilia, etc.): Craig Delich and Andrew Turner of Manion's International Auction House
• Sports: Glen Jones of Unbelievable Memorabilia
• Stamps and Coins: Craig Delich and Pat McWilliams
• Toys/Dolls/Trains: Joe Tucker of Manion's International Auction House.
The wide range of experts participating in this event will allow for numerous other "walk-in" categories to be included as well.
To pre-register for the event, call Trish Schurkamp at (913) 573-5003 or visit wycomuseum.wordpress.com.