KCKCC offers holiday floral design class
Beginning Wednesday, Oct. 28, Kansas City Kansas Community College will play host to “Floral Design for the Holidays,” a six-series class focusing on such design items as table centerpieces, holiday wreaths and vases made out of ornaments.
Items needed for the first class include floral wire cutters, scissors, a small kitchen knife, a glue gun with extra glue, an aluminum foil pie pan, two green floral bricks, two four-inch tall ceramic pots or flower pots, moss and 10 to 15 small- to medium-sized flowers with leaves.
The class will meet from 6-9 p.m. each Wednesday through Dec. 9, with the exception of Nov. 25, at the Technical Education Center, located just east of the F.L. Schlagle High School at 2220 N. 59th St. Enrollment may be done with phone credit card payment by calling (913) 288-7660, or by mailing payments to KCKCC Continuing Education, 7250 State Avenue, Kansas City, Kan., 66112.
Contact the KCKCC continuing education department at (913) 288-7660 for more information.
More like this story
- Reno County spending money to keep jail smelling good
- State creates quarantine zone for bird flu in rural Leavenworth, Wyandotte counties
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development to celebrate 25 years April 9
- Wyandotte County deputy shot during robbery
- High court to hear Kansas plea to reinstate death sentences