Salvation Army taking applications for assistance
The Salvation Army, 600 Walnut, Leavenworth, will be taking applications for Christmas assistance on the following dates:
• 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m., Nov. 2-6 and Nov. 9-13
• 6-8 p.m., Nov. 5 and 11.
Those interested will need to bring a picture I.D., proof of income, social security numbers for all family members and proof of residency.
For families with children 17 and under, an idea for a Christmas present under $40 is requested, as well as what article clothing and size they need.
More like this story
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Top Kansas GOP lawmakers to unveil school funding proposal