Ft. Leavenworth organizes day for retiree appreciation
Retirees from all military services can attend the 46th Annual Military Retiree Appreciation Day, which provides information for retirees and their families, on Saturday, Oct. 31, at Fort Leavenworth.
Registration will begin at 8 a.m. at Fort Leavenworth’s Lewis and Clark Center. A program will include a welcome from the garrison commander, Col. Wayne Green, along with several guest speakers, including Kathy Lucero from TRIWEST Healthcare Alliance; Natasha Cooper with the Social Security Administration; and Family Life Chaplain Col. Michael Brainerd.
Service agencies and information tables, including retired pay and vehicle registration, will be available from 10 a.m. to noon. ID card and DEERS services will be available from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Adjutant General's Office on McClellan Avenue.
The food court and bookstore will be open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. downstairs at the Lewis and Clark Center at Fort Leavenworth
More like this story
- Justice Department sues KCK Housing Authority, former worker
- 25 years on, disabilities act has changed lives of millions
- Kansas governor signs nation's 1st ban on abortion procedure
- Kansas prisons full; official outlines $27M expansion option
- Judge blocks Kansas' ban on 2nd-trimester abortion procedure