YMCA extends deadline for winter basketball
The Providence and Bonner Springs Family YMCA currently is accepting registrations for the Winter Basketball League and Bitty Basketball Session 2.
The Winter Basketball League deadline has been extended to Monday, Nov. 2.
The league is open to boys and girls in grades kindergarten through seven. Teams in the kindergarten and first-grade division will be coed. All other divisions will be separated by gender.
All participants will receive a jersey and end-of-season award, as well as have the opportunity to participate in a league team skills event.
Practices will begin in November, and games begin in January.
Registration for Bitty Basketball Session 2 closes Jan. 4. Limited spaces are still available.
Bitty Basketball is a program designed for kids age 3-4 that focuses on the basic fundamentals of basketball. Participants receive a basketball, jersey and end-of-season award.
To register or obtain more information for either program, call the Providence YMCA at (913) 378-9622 or the Bonner Springs YMCA at (913) 422-9348, or log on to kansascityymca.org.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- U.S. Soccer National Training Complex to begin construction by summer
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: Library activities go way beyond books
- Kansas City Connection: The return of the Royals, and showtime for Middle of the Map